Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Brownie Cookies

I almost hate to give this recipe away because it's so foolishly easy. I get almost too many compliments on these cookies for how easy they are. I usually make these for when my husband goes home teaching or when I am going visiting teaching because they are so quick (it's either these or the cake mix cookies).

Brownie Cookies
basic recipe:
1 box brownie mix
1/4 c. oil
2 eggs
1 c. baking chips

Mix together the brownie mix, oil, and eggs. Stir in chocolate chips (or whatever baking chips you will use). Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto baking sheet. Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes. Let cool slightly before moving, they're pretty soft when they come out.


*I have been experimenting with this and it's good using pretty much any baking chips. I have done chocolate chips, mint chips, and I'm doing peanut butter chips tonight. It's also a great way to use the low-fat brownie mix that my husband bought by the caseload (as brownies they are too fudgy, oily, and sticky). Beware also that the dough gets quite thick and will likely make your arm tired. It is like frosting.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I use boxed cake mix and it is soooo good with peanut butter chips, like reeses peanut butter cups!