Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Cookie Salad

This recipe is actually from my stepmom Christy. I make it for most gatherings and never fail to get rave reviews. It's especially great because it's so easy!


2 packages instant vanilla (3.4 ounce) pudding mix
2 cups buttermilk
12 ounces frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 can pineapple chunks (20 ounce), drained
2 cans mandarin oranges (11 ounce), drained
1/2 package fudge stripe (11.5 ounce) cookies


In a large bowl, mix together the pudding mix and the buttermilk.
Fold in the whipped topping.
Mix in the pineapple chunks and mandarin oranges.
Chill until ready to serve.
Crush cookies and mix in just before serving.

I don't usually have buttermilk on hand so I pretty much always use powdered buttermilk substitute (found usually on the top shelf in the baking aisle). Seems like I usually add some sliced bananas just before serving too.

No comments: